Communication Committee (Chair – Kim Jackson)
- Compile, edit and produce the Local’s newsletters.
- Maintain the Local’s website.
- Ensure that there are union bulletin boards on all work sites and ensure that all information on the bulletin boards is current.
- Produce leaflets or other informational material as required from time to time by the local.
- Chair the Communications Committee
- Chair the Education Committee.
- Maintain the Local’s Education, keeping it updated.
- Keep CUPE Regional informed on education
- Chair the Environment Committee.
- Create posters for Earth day and Coloring Contest.
- Chair the Scholarship Committee.
- Update the forms every year.
- Gather information every year for the members’ or member’s children who applied for these scholarship.
- Present at the General Meeting those lucky recipients who were awarded those scholarship.
Shop Steward Committee
- Chair the Shop Stewards Committee and sit on the Grievance Committee.
- Direct the gathering of all pertinent information relative to Grievances and process the Grievances through the initial stages of the procedure contained in the appropriate Collective Agreement.
- Work in liaison with the Second Vice-President regarding all Steward and grievance matters.
- 1.Chair the Women’s Committee.
- 2.Organize 3 to 4 events a year for donations.
- 3.Have 3 or 4 committee meetings a year.
For more information on all our committees call the office at 604-543-3822